Mirrors are an extremely important equipment of every vehicle, because they have a direct impact on the safety of every road user. The type and the necessity to have them are regulated by the relevant legal regulations. What are the mandatory mirrors for trucks?
We are divisiding truck mirrors into 6 classes
It is worth following the road law in order to be constantly up-to-date with changes. According to the applicable standards, it is necessary to equip the vehicle with a functional interior and exterior mirror, the number of which depends on the nature of the vehicle. The correct placement of the mirrors within the vehicle makes it much easier to maneuver the car, taking the example of parking.
Trucks stand out from passenger cars not only in terms of their purpose, but also dimensions. The large dimensions of the vehicle make additional mirrors in trucks necessary. The person driving the vehicle is located on a higher position in the cabin, which significantly improves visibility, but the car's structure creates a blind spots. It is therefore necessary to equip the truck with additional mirrors. It is generally accepted to divide truck mirrors into 6 classes:
• 1st class - rear view mirror, located inside the vehicle cabin. This model is found in trucks that have a rear window.
• 2nd and 3rd class - wide-angle mirrors, installed on the door of a truck. Their main function is to support the assessment of the position of the semi-trailer. Mirrors of this type make it much easier to perform all maneuvers.
• 4th class - panoramic mirrors. This equipment is mounted on posts with class 2 and class 3 mirrors. The driver then has a much wider field of view at his disposal.
• 5th class - close-range mirrors. They are located on the top of the right side door. Their presence allows you to see the lines delimiting traffic lanes and curbs.
• 6th class - front mirror. This element is not required where the truck is equipped with a low cab from which the driver can clearly see small objects in front of the hood of the vehicle.
Constant focus and mindfulness of truck drivers
Driving a truck is not the easiest task. The difficulty is mainly due to the unusual dimensions of the vehicle, and thus the limited visibility. Trucks are most often used to transport large amounts of goods or products of considerable size. Therefore, the safe arrival of the cargo to its destination requires having the appropriate road abilities. Driver inattention may lead to serious consequences, which is why it is so important to constantly monitor the surroundings. Truck mirrors are therefore an invaluable help and support in road traffic.
Additional equipment for trucks
Marking plates are also an important element of trucks. Cars of this type are most often of a utility nature, which consists in transporting a specific type of cargo. Proper marking is therefore necessary and additionally affects the visibility of the vehicle. Boards made of reflective materials increase road safety, and their type should match the character of the vehicle. Trucks can also be equipped with warning beams, placed directly on the roof of the vehicle. Colorful LED lighting distinguishes the car on the road, thus allowing the vehicle driver to properly perform their duties. Warning lamps are most often used in privileged cars related to the health service, public order or fire service. We can also meet them in road service, accident or waste collection vehicles. The color (blue, yellow, orange, red) of the lighting depends on the character of the car.